WIPP

Tom Goff:

I can't help with the water walls, but maybe you can provide some info

about the first TRUPACT accident.

The state of Nevada has written the NRC requesting that the double

containment requirement for Pu shipments

over 20 Ci be retained.  They cite internal contamination in one of the

packages on the trailer involved in the

collision with a pickup.

Has the source of the internal contamination been resolved?  I find it hard

to believe that the accident would

have caused any internal damage resullting in any release.

Thanks,

Bill Teer

OCRWM M&O Transportation

202-488-6729