Re: ANNUAL DOSE, DOSERATE and the MAXIMUM INDIVIDUAL

Jose,

Thank you for your comment.

I have to clarify that my country didn't adopt 0,114 microSv/h as a "derived

limit" so that  compliance with it could ensure compliance with the REAL

REGULATORY LIMIT of 1 mSv/h (Effective Dose).

My post meant to know if it is reasonable for a hp or an inspector to claim

that "SINCE the annual regulatory limit is 1 mSv/y THEN the limit in an hour

in a location MUST BE 0,114 microSv/h IN EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE, even if NOBODY

stays in that location or if somebody stays 1 or so hours per year".

So an instrument MUST read ALWAYS LESS than 0,114 microSv/h.

In other words, they assume a MODEL in wich a member of the public stays in

that location 8760 hours/y, without regard to the real situation, and

claiming that that is what the regulation IMPLIES (hypothesis of the Maximum

individual); that's to say, they INVENT the derived limit of 0,114 microSv/h

and claim that it is a regulatory limit.

I think that this model is unreasonable.

As to your resume of the ICRP 60, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in

advance.

Quintino De Notariis

Il giorno 11-09-2002 18:04, J. J. Rozental, jrozental@hotmail.com ha