Re: nuke guards undertrained; overworked

On 12 Sep 2002 at 9:15, Norman Cohen wrote:

> > The chairman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), which is

> > rethinking industry security guidelines in the wake of last year's

> > deadly attacks on Washington and New York, criticized the study for

> > relying on ``a very thin sample'' of the 6,000 guards posted at U.S.

> > nuclear plants.

As they should. It is frustrating to see a large population of

dedicated security workers demeaned by individuals who have their own

agenda, and at the same time, causing the larger population to become

more fearsome. Having worked in nuclear power for over 30 years, I

find these kinds of studies, and worse yet, their conclusions,

insulting.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/