Re: hot new jeans

Hi all:

Lyrics to Tom Lehrer's late 1950 song referenced by Ruth. If memory serves me right, it was on one of his

albums titled "An Evening wasted With Tom Lehrer". I'll have to check.  Sung to the tune of "Oh, the Wild

West is where I wanna be:

Stewart Farber

=====================

Along the trail you'll find me lopin'

Where the spaces are wide open,

In the land of the old A.E.C.*  Yee-hoo!

Where the scenery's attractive,

And the air is radioactive,

Oh, the Wild West is where I wanna be.

'Mid the sagebrush and the cactus

I'll watch the fellows practice

Droppin' bombs through the clean desert breeze.  A-ha!

I'll have on my sombrero,

And of course I'll wear a pair o'

Levis over my lead B.V.D.'s.

I will leave the city's rush,

Leave the fancy and the plush,

Leave the snow and leave the slush

And the crowds.

I will seek the desert's hush,

Where the scenery is lush,

How I long to see the mush-room clouds.

'Mid the yuccas and the thistles

I'll watch the guided missiles,

While the old F.B.I. watches me.  Yee-hoo!

Yes, I'll soon make my appearance

(Soon as I can get my clearance),

'Cause the Wild West is where I wanna be.

9/14/02 8:44:17 AM, RuthWeiner@AOL.COM wrote:

> Date:   Sat, 14 Sep 2002 11:44:17 -0400 (EDT)

>  From:   RuthWeiner@AOL.COM

>  Subject:Re: hot new jeans

>  The Times (London), Fri, Sept 13, 2002: The American jeans company Levi

>  Strauss yesterday denied that its new trousers fitted with "anti-radiation"

>  pockets for mobile phones played on consumer fears.

  Does anyone out there remember the Tom Lehrer song "In the Land of the Old