RE: Radioactive vinegar bottle ?!?!

Title: Message
In regard to dental porcelain, FDA's Bureau of Radiological Health published a report on the topic in 1976 which lead to an industry standard on uranium limits and later to substitutes for uranium.  Let me know if you want a copy as I have one or two left.
-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Westerdale [mailto:Bob.Westerdale@ametek.com]
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 1:34 PM
To: Kolb, William (WKOLB)
Cc: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: RE: Radioactive vinegar bottle ?!?!

Bill-
        Thanks for the insight-   The glass does seem to have an uncommon "opalescence" to it,    I'll dig up a UV lamp and see what glows...     As an aside,  I remember reading somewhere that long ago dentures were made with a bit of Uranium (?) to enhance the natural appearance and glow ( perhaps the wrong term!) of the teeth.   Doses to the users were said to be pretty high!    Has anyone come across this?   I inquired with a few local Dentistry associations,  but received no valid responses.
        Thanks!!!
                Bob Westerdale

"Kolb, William (WKOLB)" <WKOLB@arinc.com>

09/16/02 12:36 PM