Re: TFP update article, E Magazine

Richard:

If you're expecting a subtantive answer from Norm on this one, you'll be waiting for a long time.  I've posed similar questions to him, such as:

-how are these individuals exposed to harmful doses when there is no measured radiation/radioactive material increase anywhere?

-why aren't these harmful effects found to a much greater degree in areas of higher natural background, since higher radiation doses are not just suspected, but are actually measurable - no guesswork involved?

Of course, Norm has no way to answer these questions unless he ignores the facts and science behind radiation measurements and health effects.  He would rather push his philosophical opposition to nuclear power, citing some speculative, mysterious, "undiscovered" mechanism for causation (and hoping in the mean time to convince us poor, misled, unenlightened barbarians to reject the ominous conspiracy that has duped us).

It seems kind of silly, to me anyway, for him to keep pushing this nonsense in a forum for people whose profession is radiation health and protection and who are experts at the actual mechanisms involved. The "revelations" he continually sends to Radsafe remind me of the suggestion for NASA to send astronauts to explore the sun, but do it at night so they wouldn't burn up.

In short, I'm sure Norm is a nice guy, and I have nothing against him personally (except maybe his intellectual dishonesty in not dealing in facts) but don't expect much in the way of a technical response on this question.  His main function on Radsafe is to keep us "informed" of the latest anti-nuclear propaganda.

Regards to all,

Vincent King

Grand Junction, CO