Norland 5000 Multi Channel Analyzer

We have found an old Viking Instruments (Norland) Model 5000 MCA card

which we

would like to get running with a NaI detector. However we only have

the

original DOS based (assembler language) software on a 5 1/4" floppy

which

apparently is no longer viable (I could not get it to read on 2

different 5

1/4 drives)

I have been able to download the newer Windows based Ultima 4

software from

D.R.A.  Technologies website, but it requires a passthru keylock

'dongle' for

it to function fully.  D.R.A.T. is no longer in business, and Viking

no longer

deals with these things. So far I have not been able to obtain a

dongle thru

Viking.

If anyone out there is still using one of these cards, either with

the Ultima

4 software, or any other software, could you please e-mail me.

Richard.Urban@yuma.army.mil

Richard D. Urban Jr. (Rick)

Health Physics Lab & Field Technician

   Alternate Radiation Safety Officer

USArmy Yuma Proving Ground Radiation Safety Office

Yuma, AZ

(928) 328-2323 reg

(928) 920-6885 cell