Re: Internet article re: Airplanes over SONGS

FIRST--see why I joined this list? [THANKS, ALL] If this article was the

only stuff I had to read, I'd be totally paranoid--not just the residual

paranoia associated with my growing up in the Big Apple <smile>.

Problems I have with this

1,2,3,4,5 - a fertile imagination provides yet more details on how this

could be done--a veritable "how to blow up SONGS in three easy steps." I

consider this irresponsible.

6. There is no mention of the jet engine and the concrete wall at where,

Sandia? Didn't this prove that a large Boeing product, let alone a little

Gulfstream, wouldn't breach the containment vessel?

7. While he didn't say "mushroom cloud" it certainly could leave someone

with merely latent paranoia equating this in radiation/heat release with,

oh let's say, Hiroshima.

8. The specter of mass evacuations was, once again, promulgated.

9. There was mention of "not knowing if the smoke was radioactive." For

this reason, I believe everyone who is concerned should by some sort of

good radiation detector. Even a known working CDV-700 would be adequate to

tell you not to worry (or conversely to worry) and although many of you on

this list have problems with the way Aware Electronics markets/positions

their boxes, they are cheap but seem to work reasonably well.

As a note, my two CDV-700s and my Aware all agree with my two test sources

+/- 20%. One test source is uranium and the other is radium. The radium is

about 40 years old and its output is lower than the uranium, but again,

within the 20% window of what you'd expect based on half-life calculations.

When you go to Hearst Castle, you learn that "yellow journalism" is nothing

new (and obviously paid well in the case of WRHearst). In the broadcast

business, I'm afraid the policy of "if it bleeds, it leads" is all too true.

A note of interest: there are also signs along that stretch of freeway (and

to the south) showing a family of three running across the highway. While

the signs aren't racist, the female profile looks quite Latina in subtle

ways. Apparently people would land their boats along the shore and then run

across the freeway to get inland.

And we also have, on the northbound side, a second "border crossing" where

cars heading north are inspected. This is 40-50 miles NORTH of the actual

US/Mexican border. One day about fifteen years ago, I waited two hours in

traffic to get through. I've always wanted to go through in a sombrero with

salsa music playing loud on the stereo and say to the people "no comprende,

compadre."

I certainly hope that we don't install the AA battery that the article

suggests. Remember when we accidently shot down an airliner in the Persian

Gulf area?

Thanks,

Richard