Re: Health Physics Society Meeting On "Radioactive Boy Scout"

Bill et al. —

I strongly urge anybody who can possibly make it to this meeting to attend. Dave gave a presentation on this subject at the 1999 Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors, Inc. (CRCPD) meeting in Louisville, KY ... and it was riveting! I wish I could make it up to Ann Arbor for the meeting, but that's an awfully long drive from Atlanta.

Enjoy the meeting!

Jim Hardeman
Jim_Hardeman@dnr.state.ga.us

>>> William V Lipton <liptonw@DTEENERGY.COM> 9/27/2002 13:30:44 >>>
There have been several postings to radsafe on the "Radioactive Boy
Scout" incident.  Now's your chance to first hand information on this
strange event.

All Radsafers are cordially invited to the next meeting of the Great
Lakes Chapter, Health Physics Society.  The speaker will be Dave
Minnaar, of  the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.  Dave
will discuss a 1994-1995 investigation of an Oakland County incident
involving a high school student who attempted to construct a breeder
reactor in a shed behind a family residence.

The meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 23, 2002, in Ann Arbor,
MI, at the Holiday Inn North Campus  (off U.S.Route 23, exit 41).

The cost is:  $20 for GLCHPS members, $25 for nonmembers, and $5 for
students)

The schedule is:

5:30 p.m. - attitude adjustment (cash bar)

6:30 p.m. - dinner (hazelnut whitefish or London broil)

7:30 p.m. - program

If you wish to attend, you MUST register by October 20.  (After October
20, registrations will be excepted only if space is available, and there
will be a $5 surcharge.)

To register, email or call Kenneth Coble  (coblek@michigan.gov, voice
mail 517-699-4856) with your name, meal choice, and return phone number.

I hope to see you, there.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com