RE: NRC Information Notice 2002-28/fluoroscopy

Mike,

Gary is partly correct in that a lot of overexposures was due to poor

training of the physicians with regard to the risk of skin exposures.  (Of

course, in some situations, the patients presented difficult cases, and in

some repeat exams.)

There is interest paper and really nasty case shown in paper that can be

found at

http://ojps.aip.org/journals/doc/JACMFG-home/top5.jsp

Enter the search item as:  protecting patients by training

Set the search field:  TITLE

If that does not work, let me know and I will send a copy of the article as

a pdf file.

Have a good weekend.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS