AW: "Limit to Survival - Effect of Radiation

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von

hflong@postoffice.pacbell.net

Gesendet: Dienstag, 08. Oktober 2002 13:58

An: Jacobus, John (NIH/OD/ORS)

Cc: 'RuthWeiner@aol.com'; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: Re: "Limit to Survival - Effect of Radiation

John,

Would it be, "a common sense (conservative) point of view of risk

management." to further deprive people in a goiter-deaf-retarded area (Great

Lakes, Himalaya foothills, central Mexico) of iodine, as called for by LNT

and

ALARA?

Or would your common sense deprive most American children of the fluoride

that

could save tooth drilling? ALARA would do more harm than good (i.e. NOT

common

sense or "conservative") in these or sunshine. The preponderance of data

suggests that ALARA damages.

Howard Long

???????????????????????????????????????????

Howard,

What are you writing about? I thought that LNT and ALARA had something to do

with radioactivity? What you mention is  s t a b l e  iodine!!! And I do not

know of anybody or any organisation which would question the use of stable

iodine in iodine deficient areas or would want to remove it from water. Or

do you advocate to use I-131 or I-125 or maybe even I-129 in these areas???

I know, that some people are against fluoridation of drinking water, but I

never heard that the ALARA principle (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) was

used to reduce fluoride in drinking water. Again, the fluoride is not

radioactive.

Please give an explanation and it must be a very good one and reasonable,

because otherwise you would only show, that you have no idea about basic

knowledge on radioactivity and isotopes and I as well as others would know

what to think about your other contributions on "hormesis".

Franz