Re: AW: "Limit to Survival - Effect of Radiation

Franz,

Sorry I confused with my simile.

 Iodine is labeled "POISON".  Politically unacceptabe ideas like personal

identity cards in the USA were labeled "RADIOACTIVE" at a meeting I recently

attended. My point is that both of these poisons, iodine and radioactivity,

seem essential to good health in controlled dose..

I use stable iodine preparation as antiseptic. I use iodized salt. I prescribe

thyroid. I refer patients for iodine isotope imaging and treatment. I watched

Edward Teller break ground for the hospital which he hoped could use short-lived

isotopes from LLNL here. As with many of his other ideas, that reach was greater

than his grasp.

Again, sorry to confuse with the simile.  I hope others will carry the torch for

survival enhancement (topic). Survival was 24% more in NSWorkers receiving <0.5

extra cGy gamma (Cameron) and  50-100 Bq(m-3)  radon alpha was associated with

less lung cancer mortality than more or less (Cohen). I am happy I recognize

that epidemiology as not  "nonsense". Let us prove (or disprove) radiation

benefit - and use it! I am exploring sensitive C reactive protein level as a

quicker indicator than cancer or death rates.

Howard Long