'forum' poll results so far

Dear colleagues,

About a week ago I've suggested that a radiation protection forum somewhere

on the Internet may be useful for our communications.

THANKS to everybody who responded.  I thought that it might be interesting

to make a summary of the opinions (33 replies were received so far):

9 messages (27%) - yes.

6 messages (18%) - no.

8 messages (24%) - well..., maybe...

10 messages (31%) - advice on getting rid of junk e-mail, for which I am

very much grateful.

Additional information on the idea (kind of a 'group' answer to questions

received):

1.	There was never an intention to replace Radsafe list, only to

supplement it.

2.	Ideas about the forum:

(a)	everybody will be able to see the postings but one will have to

register if he/she wishes to participate;

(b)	posters of 'not-on-topic' threads will be mercilessly banned (via

the IP No, if necessary);

(c)	the format (looks, I mean) is not clear yet - I have to refresh my

memory on the PHP programming and find out if these scripts will run on the

server.

3.	About the web space.  We'll get to it in due time, but... we've

managed to run www.eneabba.net <http://www.eneabba.net>  without any

sponsorship for, like, four years now. Web hosting is not THAT expensive.

I will compile a similar summary in about a month and we'll see what I will

be able to do.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards

Nick