MARSSIM

To All:

I am having some issues with the application of surface efficiencies to the

calculation of MDCs and activity.  I understand the science behind it and we

agree with that aspect of it BUT...it appears to affect costs to

decommission a site, especially one with low-energy betas.  SO, I an

curious....

 Are companies using this MARSSIM-based surface efficiency to calculate MDCs

and activity?

Is it yet required by regulators?

If not, then why not?

When do companies expect to start using them?

Please help us as we have two groups ripping each others hair out.

Patricia M Lopez

Project Manager / Industrial Hygienist

Radiological and Decommissioning Services

SCIENTECH, Inc.

143 West Street

New Milford, CT 06776

(860) 210-3058