Re: article: drugs, pesticides and radiation causes of breastcancer

"Otto G. Raabe" wrote:

> October 25, 2002

> Davis, CA

> The suggestion that ionizing radiation at background levels is an important

> causative agent of breast cancer is without scientific basis and is wrong.

> The American public receives a trivial amount of extra ionizing radiation

> exposure from all nuclear technologies and old fallout combined,

> representing less than 1% of the natural radiation exposures that we all

> receive every day. Most of the extra ionizing radiation exposure received

> by the public comes from diagnostic uses of x rays and radioactive

> pharmaceuticals. The claim that nuclear technologies, nuclear power plants,

> nuclear waste disposal, or old fallout are causing serious public health

> problems is absurd.

Norm will likely use his standard reply: I do not agree with the article, I

just posted for your comments.

He is well aware the women in the Denver area get 100 mr more per year than

the rest of the women in the US but DO NOT have a higher number of any kind of

cancer.

John Grant