From: RuthWeiner@aol.com [mailto:RuthWeiner@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 12:22 PM
To: Jacobus, John (NIH/OD/ORS); radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: Re :LNT and educating the public

 . . .
My question to the psychologically-minded is: how can people for whom being anti-nuke is a virtual faith be encouraged to become adequately informed?  I do not believe this is a question of speaking "lay language."   My peace activist lady doesn't want to know, because she is afraid that the truth about DU will somehow cast a shadow on her convictions about peace (which of course it won't).  In my opinion, the approach is that being pro-or anti-nuke is not appropriately a religious or spiritual faith, there is no inherent "rightness" or "wrongness" about nuclear power or food irradiation, etc.

I would be interested in others' opinions.
 . . .