Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: Re :LNT and educating the public

In a message dated 10/31/02 10:53:43 AM Mountain Standard Time, jacobusj@ors.od.nih.gov writes:

While not trying to start a e-mail wars, I think you will have to admit that there are some readers on this list who also hold views that are religious in nature.  Any questioning is dismissed and the writer is attacked.  The fact that a person can have a different viewpoint is an alien concept as they know the "truth."

I had not intended to attack or disparage any religious views (I mean, I have them, too).  My point was simply that elevating nuclear power from a method of electrical production to some sort of article of faith is what we often have to deal with.  How can it be addressed?  I don't know!

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com