RE: Re :LNT and educating the public

Richard,

Being a conservationist and pro-nuclear, I can appreciate what you've said.

I'm convinced there are better solutions for world problems than

war--particularly nuclear war.  Unfortunately, many people (I think)

associate nuclear power with nuclear weapons and nuclear accidents--a part

of the education effort we as a radiation protection community are trying to

help folks differentiate.  On the issue of being more "Green", I still

haven't figured out why Greens are opposed to nuclear---I mean, unless we

plan to return to stone-age lifestyles we have to have power---and unless we

use nuclear, we are stuck with fossil fuels to maintain the largest chunk of

our current energy demands---even after conservation efforts and alternative

fuels (i.e. solar, wind, geothermal, etc.) have been implemented.  I've even

asked our local anti-nuke on radsafe (Norm) how we should fill the

electricity demand void if we eliminate all nuclear and

environmentally-insulting energy production methods (i.e. all fossil fuel

sources).  I haven't received a response from him....and with the passage of

the last couple weeks, I don't expect a response anymore.  Then again, I've

never found an anti-nuke that can answer that question.  So, for the time

being, I believe nuclear is the most "Green" friendly method we have.  Now,

if something better comes along; I may someday have to change my band's

music.

Thanks again for your comments.

Greg Gibbons