Re: X-rays from TV or computer monitors

I have a hand held spectrometer that has a lower energy level of 10KeV.

 When I place the device against the monitor,I am unable to see anything

above background.  I a previous life I was involved in instrument design

for CRTs.  Leaded glass is often used.  I don't think the x-rays get out.

These were only qualitative measurements taken years ago and simply my

two cents added to the pot.

Tom Hazlett