Re: Radiation-Proof Uniform?

Nano means, of course, one billionth.  So "nanotechnology" must mean "incredibly low-tech, but if we make up a big word lots of people will believe it."

RST's website has test results indicating it's shielding effectiveness is roughly equivalent to about 0.25 mm Pb.  It blocks 100% of C-14 beta's (just like Levi's!).  So to all you emergency responders out there, go ahead and put on 52 sets of Demron coveralls and waddle right in there to ground zero!

All the standard disclaimers REALLY apply here...

Glenn

>>> "Cristian S. Nicolau" <cnicolau@NBNET.NB.CA> 11/15/02 09:31AM >>>

Hi all,

I feel better now that "Dr. DeMeo developed DemronTM  as a way to

finally shed light on the archaic field of radiation protection." I just

feel so bad that I cannot have one of their costumes in time for

Christmas. What is "nanotechnology"? I think the question is why real

scientific achievements are not presented by the media in the same way.

Have a nice week-end,

Cristian S. Nicolau CHP

cnicolau@nbnet.nb.ca