Re: United Way Supports Anti-Nukes

Jim,

It seems, in my humble opinion,  that you are over-reacting to this news without

complete information. What are the write-in guidelines? What laws govern this in

North Carolina? Are all groups allowed to be written in? If so, then pro-nuke

groups are as eligible as anti-nuke groups. So just call your friends in North

Carolina and have them write in the "Jim Hoerner Pro-Nuke Propaganda Fund". ;-)

It appears that North Carolina is allowing individuals to have a bigger say in

where their workplace donations go. Whats so bad about that? It also does NOT

appear that the United Way is supporting NC-Warn, because thsi group is NOT an

group that UW gives to on a regular basis, only when an individual writes in the

name/

Yyou can rest easy that none of your hard earned (yeah, right) dollars are going

to the anti-nukes, but to whatever groups your local UW board decides.

BTW -- If anyone wants to donate to some  anti-nukes - its the UNPLUG Salem

Campaign, 321 Barr Ave, Linwood NJ 08221. ;-) Visa/Mastercard accepted!

Norm

--

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave.,

Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8583 or 609-601-8537;  ncohen12@comcast.net  UNPLUG

SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE

WEBSITE:  http://www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace

and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then you

win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin Carpenter)