Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:29:49 -0500

From: "Jim Hoerner" <jim_hoerner@HOTMAIL.COM>

Subject: United Way Supports Anti-Nukes

You've gotta be kidding me.  I give a hefty chunk of change to the United

Way.  While perusing one of the many anti-nuke (some would say criminal -

inside joke) sites out there - http://www.ncwarn.org - I came across this:

http://www.ncwarn.org/AboutWARN/membershipform.html

"* You can also designate NC WARN through NC Community Shares, OR as a

write-in under United Way, in your workplace giving campaign. "

Unfreakinbelievable.

You can contact the United Way of America at

http://national.unitedway.org/contact/

United Way of America

701 N. Fairfax Street,

Alexandria, Virginia 22314-2045

1-703-836-7100

Dear United Way,

As a long-time supporter of your programs, I was recently dismayed to

discover that you provide funds for an anti-nuclear so-called advocacy

group, NC Waste Awareness & Reduction Network, or NC WARN.

Their web site is http://www.ncwarn.org and they acknowledge the support of

the United Way at http://www.ncwarn.org/AboutWARN/membershipform.html

I believe that your support of NC WARN is inconsistent with your otherwise

noble programs and initiatives.  Nuclear power provides humanity with

relatively clean, safe, sustainable, cost-competitive energy, and NC WARN

wishes to effectively replace this realiable power with more fossil fuels.

I am reconsidering my support of your organization.  Also, I don't think

your supporters from Duke Power or Carolina Power and Light would appreciate

the fact that you support misguided groups wishing to put them out of work.

I look forward to your timely reply, which I plan to share with my

colleagues.

Sincerely,

[My complete name, title, address, and email]