Re: DU Story

In a message dated 11/26/2002 12:18:48 PM Pacific Standard Time, ograabe@UCDAVIS.EDU writes:

Unfortunately, the audience of about 100 people were enthralled with Rokke
and angry with me for objecting to his erroneous statements and
misrepresentation, but I think it was important to cast some doubt on this
charlatans's proclamations.

Thank you so much for attending.  These meetings can be very disheartening, but the public deserves the truth from the people that have the education and experience to provide it.  In many ways, some of these anti-nuclear evangelists are reminescent of the snake-oil salesman of the past - trading on people's naivete to spin themselves a comfortable speaking circuit, or political clout.  I wish that more people would challenge their credentials to speak on these topics.  Thank you again.

Barbara L. Hamrick