Re: DU Story

Who says the US "basically controls Kuwait"?  If we control Kuwait, why

isn't it a democracy?

As for the DU exposure, the last models I saw estimated that someone who

entered a burning or smoldering tank shortly after a DU round hit would get

a couple hundred millirem.  That's probably the maximally exposed

individual.  Everyone else is going to get a lot less.  If those couple

hundred millirem are enough to "make things worse" to any significant

degree, we need to throw out the last few decades of health effects

research, evacuate any inhabited area of more than a few thousand feet in

elevation, and stop all medical use of radiation.  Thankfully, it's

ridiculous to even wonder if doses of that magnitude are doing anything

significant to those involved.

I'd gladly live in a house built of DU if it would get all the militant

activists off this issue and let our soldiers use the best tools available

to do their jobs of defending freedom.  The DU activists have done those

soldiers a grave disservice by stirring up completely baseless fears.

In freedom, truth, and justice, whithout which peace is an illusion.

Phil Hypes

Los Alamos Radiation Consultants

laradcon@hotmail.com

505.920.9712