Monti America Corporation (MAC) and elemental transmutation

Has any one heard of this company before?  They are claiming to be able to

achieve transmutation of elements by chemical, electrical or a combination

of both means.  According to MAC, on October 9, 2002 at the KTH Royal

Institute of Technology they were able remove all measurable traces to

radioactivity from about 10 grams of Thorium Oxide.  I've looked over their

literature that they provided (which isn't all that comprehensive) and I am

not convinced by their reasoning.

Apparently this whole process works because Dr. Roberto A. Monti developed

a new model of the atom - the Alpha Extended Model.  From this theoretical

model they have created a process by which heat, with the addition of a

proprietary metallic substance, is able to transmute elements.

MAC has been contacting our organization frequently about this new product

and I would like some other opinions on this.  Has any one heard about any

of this before?  I can't find any information on the internet.

Thanks.

Trevor Beniston, B.Sc.

Laboratory and Training Services

Stuart Hunt & Associates Ltd.