Re: Food Irradiation Alert - Sierra Club of Canada

In a message dated 11/29/2002 3:22:48 PM Pacific Standard Time, RuthWeiner@AOL.COM writes:

.  I have never understood the basis for the hysteria about food irradiation.

I think that's very simple.  If you want to do away with all things "nuclear," you must attack them all, even if they serve society well.  The agenda of many of the opposition folks here on the "left" coast appears to be the ultimate elimination of all uses of radioactive material.  I suspect there are others like them throughout the world.

Barbara