FW: Article: High Security Trips Up Some Irradiated Patients, Doctors Say

In our hazmat transportation enforcement efforts, about 12 years ago we acquired some scintillation probes (Plastic scintillators, to avoid NaI thermal shock problems), hooked them into alarming count rate meters, and mounted them in patrol cars. Over the past several years, I have pulled over three thyroid patients just coming home from the hospital.

Capt. Bruce Bugg

Special Projects Coordinator

Law Enforcement Division

Georgia Department of Motor Vehicle Safety

P.O. Box 80447

Conyers, GA  30013-8047

voice:	678.413.8825

fax:	678.413.8832