Re: Article: High Security Trips Up Some Irradiated Patients, Doctors Say

In a message dated 12/04/2002 5:04:34 PM Pacific Standard Time, muckerheide@attbi.com writes:

If we are intelligent, we would use this new public awareness and reporting
of these incidents to communicate to the public that 100s of millions of
medical patients (those in general good health) get radiation doses hundreds
to thousands of times greater than the self-serving limits set by gov't for
"radiation protection," with no adverse effects.

I agree.  I think this provides us an excellent opportunity to educate society on this issue.  The more people who have radiation detectors, and find "sources" in their everyday lives, the more people will become accustomed to the idea that radiation is, indeed, everywhere - that is not an exotic poison.  It is simply something that is there, and in excess, it can kill, much like many other everyday items.

Barbara