RE: AW: Food Irradiation Alert - Sierra Club of Canada

I usually keep my mouth shut, but I really hate stuff like this.  Profit is

used as such a bad word these days, especially if you are not the one making

it.

Look around boys and girls and you will see the world generated by profit.

The very item you are using to communicate so freely with each other, in

this blessed free society is generated by and reinforced to remain so by

profit.  Our (the U.S.) military strength and superiority is the result of a

profit based economy.  The taxes generated from our economy would probably

support all the other countries governments put together.  Profit makes the

work go around in the correct direction.  Profit lubricates the free

society.

Reducing losses in the market place increases profit, makes the company more

competitive, allows them to expand, hires more workers and spreads the

benefits of a profit generated product to more of the world.  Do you think

the developing countries (used to be called third world) would be better

served by increasing waste?  Grow up, wake up and smell the profits.

S. K. De Mers

Radiological Field Superintendent