From: Susan L Gawarecki <loc@icx.net>
To: RADSAFE <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 12:44 AM
Subject: Re: Security Screening Technique

I have now sat through several workshops, seminars and training sessions
regarding weapons of mass destruction, including biological, chemical
and radiological.  My informed preference, were I to be exposed to one
of these agents, is radiological.  Aside from the potential direct
effects of a dirty bomb (explosions are pretty nasty), the exposure is
never an immediate medical emergency.  As far as the biological and
chemical weapons go, there are some truly horrific agents out there,
which result in extremely unpleasant deaths in a matter of minutes to
days.  I much prefer the increased risk of cancer 20 years down the
road.

I think if the public knew the potential destructiveness of the various
WMD agents that the government is concerned about, a dirty bomb wouldn't
be nearly so terrifying in comparison.

My personal opinion only,
Susan Gawarecki