National Lead Company

Title: National Lead Company

To all Radsafers,

I'm interested in the history of the National Lead Company (NLC) and their involvement with reprocessing U ore during the 1950-60 era.  Our FDA's Winchester Engineering and Analytical Center laboratory (in Winchester, Massachusetts) was formerly owned by NLC, and made have done that kind of work on the building site.  The FDA is planning to build a new lab and some employees have expressed concern about what might be in the soil around the facility.    Any information about NLC, in the Winchester, Mass. area would be greatly appreciated.

George Kraus
FDA