RE: AW: more on DU

Dear Norm,

If you truly haven't made up your mind on the subject of human health

effects from exposure to depleted uranium, I would suggest that you:

1. Read the available non-controversial "scientific" literature on radiation

physics, biological effects of radiation, and various human studies that

have been published for the past 50-100 years.

2. Read some of the international regulatory literature to see how and why

(and what "assumptions") have gone into developing human exposure and dose

limits.

3. Make your own educated conclusions on the subject.

All of the above (perhaps with the exception of the regulatory literature

:-) can be accomplished without advanced university degrees.

May I be so bold as to challenge you to learn enough of the science of

radiation and biology that you could become a critical reader of public

media writings about radiation and risk, and point out to this list not only

the links to the stories, but what claims contained in them that are not

consistent with basic science.

David Hall

Las Vegas, Nevada

USA

Disclaimer:  Clearly my own personal thoughts at the end of a long work-day.

This message is intended to participate in a professional scientific dialog

and in no way represent the policies of my employer or organization, etc.