RE: DU Info

Apparently he does not really think there is problem.  According to his

"vitae", he was the director of the Edwin R. Bradley Radiological

Laboratories, Fort McClellan, Alabama; 1996-1997 (from experience, I know

this laboratory is basically a demonstration laboratory to teach Army

personnel the basics of radiation i.e. alpha, beta, gamma).  As director,

according to his vitae he helped develop the following training materials:

  Rokke, D.; Shank, J.; Battle, E. and others. (1995) Depleted Uranium

Project Training support packages: Tier I: Awareness, Tier II: Battlefield

Damage Assessment and Repair, and Tier III: Chemical Corps.  Department of

the Army. U.S. Army Chemical School, Edwin R. Bradley Radiological

Laboratories, Fort McClellan, Alabama.

These training materials can be found at:

http://www.wood.army.mil/84chem/HHC/TTD/du.htm  note: the US Army Chemical

School has moved from Fort McClellan to Fort Leonard Wood, MO.

According to these training materials, there is virtually no health affects

due to DU radioactivity although they do correctly protray the potential

chemical toxicity of DU.

Note:  These material were rewritten in 1999 and he apparently worked on

them in 1997.  But, I can be pretty confident that the content of the

material did not change much.

Mr. Rokke's vitae can be found at:

http://traprockpeace.org/RokkeVitae.html

Charles