Re: California legislation

In a message dated 12/23/2002 5:52:37 PM Pacific Standard Time, damm01@GOODNEWS.NET writes:

No wonder California's in the mess it is with fiscal overruns to the turn over
34 billion dollars. Californian's need to take a back seat and look at what is
going on.

This can only happen if the public is given good information on the risks and benefits of radioactive materials use.  Over the last year, as far as I can tell, the department has declined to provide such information.  On the other hand, there has been an avalanche of anti-nuclear disinformation presented in the press and to the Legislature by anti-nuclear activists.

Someone's not fulfilling their duty to public health, in my personal opinion, but the people of California will not know that unless there is sufficient effort by the professional community to demand the Department answer it's call to serve public health by providing the best available information.

Barbara