RE: Apparent anti-correlations between geographic radiation and cancer are no...

Kai,

Whoa there cowboy!  I think you are way off base on this and I don't know

where you are going with this line of thinking.  First of all, the map is

only for white males based on county data.  If you scroll down and click on

the button for white female 1970-1994 for county data you will get a

different map of data. Try:

http://www.dceg.cancer.gov/cgi-bin/atlas/mapview2?direct=acccwf70.

Even better yet click on either button for Black and see what happens.  Try:

http://www.dceg.cancer.gov/cgi-bin/atlas/mapview2?direct=accsbm70 or

http://www.dceg.cancer.gov/cgi-bin/atlas/mapview2?direct=accsbf70

For another, the highest "bin" (dark red) brackets are much greater range of

values then the other do.

The data shows cancer rates, not cancer risks.  The rates have been

normalized to 100,000.

-- John

John P. Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  jenday1@msn.com

The comments presented are mine and do not reflect the opinion of my

employer or spouse.