RE: Geographical distribution of gamma radiation - Don't forgetaltitude

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Michael McNaughton wrote:

> I am very interested in these data. Rather than deluge Dr Duval with

> enquiries, I suggest Bernie Cohen should keep us informed via radsafe and

> tell us how to obtain the data.

	--I called Joe Duval and discussed the problem with him at some

length. The original data consist of about 4 million readings on a 2Km x 2

Km grid; I would not know how to handle that. We finally agreed that the

best course would be to get a map showing county boundaries and I could

then obtain the values for my 1600 counties by hand and enter them into

my data base which includes mortality rates for various cancers and

numerous potential confounding factors. Joe is working on getting me the

maps. When I get the data for each county, I will make it available to

requestors.

	Joe is working on a program for including cosmic ray doses into

his map.