Radon Deaths

From the EPA:
    "Radon is a serious threat to public health and is potentially
responsible for 15,000 - 20,000 lung cancer deaths per year. It is
the second leading cause of lung cancer after smoking and more than
six million families in the United States are exposed to elevated
levels of radon in their homes every day."

With some editing, one could come up with the following, equally valid
publicity blurb:

    Radon in considered by many to be a serious threat to public health
potentially responsible for thousands of lung cancer deaths, no cancer deaths at all, or possibly may even prevent some cancer deaths. Every family in the United States is to some degree exposed to Radon, and so were their parents, grandparents, and all of their ancestors. Since no human being has ever not been exposed to radon we cannot be sure of how serious the threat may be, but we encourage your continued support of our radon control program because it might actually do some good and the cost is a trivially small item in our national budget.