Re: Ronald Paul

In a message dated 1/16/2003 3:03:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, rorthen@EARTHSCIENCES.NET writes:

<< This is indeed sad news.  I remember Ron during the '80's at Clinton Power Station exactly as you describe.  Those of us fortunate enough to have benefited from Ron's rational reviews and recommendations are lucky.  On a lighter note, who among us remembers Ron's inability to keep his eyeglasses in

working order?>>

I remember this quite well.  It was part of Ron's charm.  I met Ron back in the NRC's Region III, where I had my very first job in health physics.  I went out with Ron on several inspection trips in my first year, and he was always helpful and insightful.  I considered him a dear friend.  He visited  with his family a couple of years ago, and he had the same colorful spirit that always made him so memorable.  He will be dearly missed.

Barbara L. Hamrick