RE: Non-CHPs in the health physics job market -Opportunitiesarep resent

Also,

    We who are degree deficient probably use the same reference books the

degreed personnel use on the job.  And I am willing to lay a wager that we

are able to read these tomes and understand what they are saying.  Gosh, we

might even be able to interpret the mumbo jumbo of the CFR's as well as

anyone.  All you need to do is a little research into the guides.  And every

one who uses calculus for predictions most always takes a meter or pulls a

sample to verify the prediction.

    So, Bill, I guess these could also be counted as a few more mind

expanding activities directly related to the field that do not require

formal instruction IMHO.

    The High road is fine as long as you keep in touch with earth, unless

you have reached another plane of existence.

Chris A. Marthaller, RRPT

Sr. Training Coordinator, WIPP

(505) 234-8661

Chris.Marthaller@wipp.ws

I alone am to blame for my statements.

"If we keep doing what we are doing, we will keep getting what we are

getting." ANON

Libraries are full of books.  You do not need an instructor to tell you

which  ones to read.

William V Lipton wrote:

For example ?

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton

liptonw@dteenergy.com

john grant wrote:

KDA2921@AOL.COM wrote:

In a message dated 1/23/2003 8:29:34 PM Mountain Standard Time,

radiation@cox.net writes:

.  I think it is a travesty that these experienced HP's ( of which I am)

with years of on the job experience are not allowed to become CHP's just

because (in most cases) they don't have a useless piece of paper that taught

them nothing about HP hanging on the wall ( no offence to my colleagues who

have this).

Mr. Davis,

It is indeed a travesty that you hold higher education in such low regard.

The acedemic experience is one that expands the mind, feeds the soul, and

opens the one's life to a broader array of views and opinions.  I applaud

the AAHP and the ABHP for continuing to require the minimum of a BS to sit

for the exam.

There are many other routes to an expanded mind, a well fed soul and broaded

view.

John Grant