Re: Non-CHPs in the health physics job market - Opportunities arepresent

The argument that we hear frequently and has been made in this thread is that a CHP should be someone with a well-rounded education, etc. Would anyone be surprised to know that employers check separately for education credentials? With or without a CHP, not having a degree will keep a person out of many jobs. Therefore, the most prominent argument that CHPs should have a degree is ingenuous.

I think that if someone can measure up to the eight grueling hours of ABHP testing, then we should recognize that officially. I salute anyone who can do that and think the ABHP should too.

I value my formal education and won't feel like it was somehow a waste of time just because someone else has the fortitude of self-study to become certified. Maybe others are driven by this psychological state, or maybe it's just turf protection, as I stated before.

I beg the indulgence of readers for posting twice when it should have been once.

----- Forwarded by Mark Hogue/WSRC/Srs on 01/27/03 09:37 AM -----
mark.hogue@srs.gov
Sent by: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

01/27/03 07:57 AM