Re: GM response to neutrons?

You can get some sensitivity to neutrons from GM tubes by wraping them

with Indium foil.  This will become radioactive from thermal neutrons

and decay fairly quickly.  The response will therefore be smoothed out

and it will not be prompt as with a GM in a gamma or beta field.  We put

indium foil around the GM detectors in chirpers used in our accelerator

facility in the mid 60's.  They worked.

John Andrews

Knoxville, Tennessee