Re: Job Posting

While I agree with you. I think you're off target on some details.

(1) Employers consider hp's unimportant because the regulatory agencies go

along with allowing hp positions to be filled by low wage, unqualified

persons.  The RSO is perceived as "overhead," not a profit center.  There is

no perceived benefit from hiring a highly qualified hp when you can avoid

citations with a minimum wage position.  As we all know, "perception is

reality".

(2) I'm not sure what you mean by encouraging hp's to "stand up and demand

higher salaries."  As individuals, we have little clout.  The real problem is

that we don't have professional standards; hence, anything goes.  (That's why

I'm upset when people want to drop the college degree requirement for the CHP

exam.  If that happens, we'll all be considered technicians.)

If HPS really cared about its members, they'd establish professional standards

and get the regulators to enforce them.  That's what we need, NOT more

scholarships to train people for $40k jobs.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton

liptonw@dteenergy.com