Letter to Consumer Reports

Well, folks, I haven't been idle either.  The following letter from me was actually printed in the February Consumer Reports:

"BIRDS AND BACTERIA (CR's headline, not mine)

I was stunned that the January article on bacterial co9ntamination of chicken failed to mention irradiation as a way to eliminate the contamination.  HAve you been co-opted by some sort of anti-radiation hysteria?  Have you capitulated to the rumor that irradiating chickenswould be used to cover up unsanitary processing conditions?  Isn't irradiation worth considering?  After all, it's a tested process currently in use."

I had some other stuff, but this was all they printed.  Better than nothing, anyway.

Ruth

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com