From: David Whitfill [mailto:djwhitfill@MSN.COM]
Sent: Wednesday February 05, 2003 4:14 PM
To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: RE: Nuclear powered rocket

Good information...thanks! If we are serious about a Mars mission, a new
NERVA prototype will have to be built. Being a proponent of research
reactors I view a revival of the NERVA program as a good thing, but we need
public support and the public needs to be educated in the risks along with
past triumphs and failures. Here are some interesting links: