No radioactive material on Columbia (other than smoke detectors)

There has been much discussion recently speculating that there was

radioactive material on the space ship Columbia. This speculation was

fueled by pictures of responders walking around with radiation

detecting instrumentation, and, trucks placarded with radioactive

warning signs.

I just spoke to a high level NASA individual who has intimate

knowledge as to what was on the Columbia, what experiments they had,

and, the individual states categorically that the only radioactive

material on the Columbia were 11 smoke detectors, each containing <1

uCi. There were no radioactive experiments, no radioactive materials

of any kind, other than the household type smoke detector that we all

have in our homes.

Any assumed illnesses by local population I still believe to be "mass

hysteria" if they were not exposed to any of the chemical toxins on

board, or, if they were in fact ill, it was due to the chemical

toxins.

We can put this radiation scare rumours to bed now.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/