RE: No radioactive material on Columbia (other than smoke detectors)

Follow-up to my previous post, received from my NASA source (addesses

discrepant information):

>>There were some (nanocurie) Ca-45 used with a labeling compound on

long bones of mice embryos.  They were classified as insignificant.

This experiment contained about 30 of these bones.  So given the

total number of the smoke detectors (2 sources in each detector) and

all these bones, one could say that 50 - 55 sources?? were on the

shuttle.  The only items that we inventoried were the smoke

detectors.<<

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/