AW: Get your CAT Scan here!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Susan McElrath

Gesendet: Montag, 10. Februar 2003 19:44

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: RE: Get your CAT Scan here!

Well-known hall of fame pitcher Don Sutton, currently an announcer for

the Atlanta Braves gave himself a "Christmas present" of a CT Scan for

Christmas 2001. Results: malignant kidney tumor, removed summer 2002,

prognosis: excellent.

I know these "CAT-mobiles" contribute to the overall dose, blah, blah,

but it's hard to argue against a case like Mr. Sutton's.

-------------------------------

Who is Mr. Sutton????? What is a "Pitcher" - somebody who drinks his alcohol

from the pitch? What are the Atlanta Braves????

Franz Schoenhofer, Austria, Europe

These are rhethoric questions, because I have been long enough in the USA to

know the answer to these questions.

When will you US-Americans understand, that your way of living is in no way

of interest to other cultures - like the Islam, the Hindi, the Buddhists,

the Europeans Christians? Come on flame me - this will not change anything

about how ridiculous it is that some base-ball star underwent a CT. In my

country anybody, starting from the people cleaning the streets, who will

have any CT scan free of charge, if there is a suspicion for an illness to

be discovered by a CT scan up to high ranked government officials, who would

have to pay 20 % or the costs.

It would be impossible that some soccer-star or skiing-star (similar to a US

base-ball star) would "advertise" for taking a CT-scan. We radiation

protection people and authorities would never allow that. We still adhere to

the ALARA principle. Therefore it should be more than easy to argue against

the case of Mr. Sutton!!!!

Franz