AW: Get your CAT Scan here!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Susan McElrath

Gesendet: Montag, 10. Februar 2003 21:44

An: 'Franz Schoenhofer'; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: RE: Get your CAT Scan here!

Whoa, there, you read way too much into my message. I was not posting

this message to enlighten anyone of the American way of life. I was

responding to an original post about the mobile CT scan. From an HP

perspective, it is interesting that this practice adds to total dose to

the public yet was, for at least one individual, very beneficial.

I think it is also interesting that the baseball player, who was NOT

having any symptoms of disease, got "lucky" when he decided to have a

scan. As far as I know, he's not actively promoting having scans.

And I completely disagree with you "that your way of living is in no way

of interest to other cultures..." but that is an entirely different

discussion.

---------------------------------

Dear Susan,

Thank you very much for your reply and especially for taking the core of it

serious. All to my knowledge kidney problems can be found by other means

than CT scans - and might be confirmed by it. Whatever the procedure was and

whoever the patient was we should be grateful for the benefits of CT!! What

I was and still am opposed to, is that this case might be used to convince

people that they should take CT's and pay for it. This would be absolutely

improper and prohibited by law in most, if not all, European countries.

Regarding your last sentence on my disagreement that "your way of living is

in no way of interest to other cultures" I really would appreciate if you

would give me the possibility to discuss this with you personally on my

private e-mail address franz.schoenhofer@chello.at!

Best regards,

Franz