RE: No doubt there were flaws in the nuclear NSWS, why rehash it?

Ted,
I guess epidemiology is not like physics and engineering, where you can control many or all of the parameters.  You have to deal with what you got, and at the low exposure end you have a lot of noise from confounding factors.

--- Ted Rockwell <tedrock@CPCUG.ORG> wrote:
> Isn't it interesting that the flaws and confounders
> always produce the same
> result, whether with shipyard workers, radiologists,
> radon in the home,
> dwellers in high vs low background, etc. Not to
> mention the same effect
> occurring with non-radiation challenges to
> organisms: chemicals, pathogens,
> sunshine, exercise, trace element nutrients, etc.
> Even the increase in
> asthma, apparently caused by people living and
> working in filtered air all
> the time, weakening the unchallenged immune system.
>
> "Live with high radiation and let the confounders
> protect you."
>
> Ted Rockwell

-- John
John Jacobus, MS