From: Sharyn Mathews [mailto:publish@radpro.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 10:05 AM
To: Hart, Tim P GS (RASO)
Cc: radsafe
Subject: RE: CSI Miami I-131 Episode

Well, Tim,  I AM still here, and I am watching the comments coming along regarding the show.  We did NOT have any say in the story line or the information that they used to write the show--we merely provided the equipment, and we tried to use the exposure locally to promote our company--basically what any vendor in our position would do.  We know that the show was not great. As Barbara Hamrick pointed out, the writers were not interested in facts--probably not sensational enough for them.

But we attempted to use the show's popularity and their self-stated interest in the latest, greatest gadgetry to let people know that the URSA exists.  Yes, I DID have a problem with email yesterday, and that was unfortunate.  I ALSO apologized to the list when the problem was pointed out to me.  And I was sincerely grateful to the folks who pointed out the problem. It was never my intention to spam anyone, or to get into flame wars on the list.

Locally, our CBS TV affiliate gave us LOTS of coverage, and we have been using the air (and print) time to discuss what we REALLY do, and to promote the positive aspects of our profession.  And they have graciously allowed us that privilege.  In these days of the "sound bite" and disjointed coverage of just about every aspect of our lives, we make the best of what's available. This time, we chose to take the exposure and try to use it toward our own best interests. That's all.

I would hope that the members of radsafe would know and understand our situation.

Sharyn Mathews
Still here, still watching